[Reportbug-maint] Forward from Launchpad

Nigel Babu nigelbabu at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 5 07:53:44 UTC 2010

Hello

To ease forwarding bugs to Debian from Ubuntu, I've been trying to create a
script or an application which would take the ubuntu bug number as input and
then use the description and title from the Ubuntu bug to the reportbug
interface.  I've been failing at passing this information to reportbug from
python via subprocess.Popen. If you folks could give me some insight at what
I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I've pushed, whatever, I've
done onto a branch in Launchpad [1].  What goes wrong right now is that, the
body that I pass to reportbug ends up being the file name of the
attachment.  Not sure why that happens though.

If this attempt fails, I'll have to recreate a reportbug interface with
python, which I don't think I have the expertise to do.  If you folks can
lend a hand it would be great :)

[1]
https://code.launchpad.net/~nigelbabu/ubuntu-review-overview/report-debian

Warm Regards