[Repositories-devel] Some help about Sources

Juan M bvcelari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 10:31:30 CET 2007

Hi to everyone...First apologise about my english(i'm spanish) i'm newbie...
i'm maintainer (or i'm trying) of repository ... I've got a few python
scripts to do that job... everything woks properly, but now, i must add to
the repository the source code of packages... i got everything, but it
doesn't work... I make a folder "source" inside dist/breezy/main/ ... like
the binary.. i place there inside my Sources and Sources.gz ... And made the
proper with the files inside the packages folder diff.gz .dsc .tar.gz ...
But i always have the same answer :
ftp://IP/packages/dists/breezy/Release   Unable to find expected entry
main/source/Sources in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)

I've been reading as much as i found about developping repositories:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html
But i don't understand how to handle the sources... some could help me? give
me some extra documentation or just say me what i'm doing wrong... Well i
hope to find some help here...
Thanks in Advance
Yours sincerely Bvcelari