[sane-standard] More device properties

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Thu Jan 18 22:05:29 CET 2007

Hi,

> ok, another attempt: How does an image file look like that is made
> from an A4 page using scanimage (no "fancy" frontend!) and this
> scanner that moves the paper from left to right, i.e., parallel to
> the short edge of the paper? Is the image in landscape or portrait
> format? See also my comment on the words top/bottom/left/right below.

The file is portrait.

Here is an ascii sketche that explain the result. The arrow symoblise
the sense of paper introduction.

        +------------------+
        |Scan area         |
        |        +---------+
        |        |  paper  |
        |        |         |
        |        |         |
        |        |  <===   |
        |        |         |
        |        |         |
        |        |         |
        |        +---------+
        |                  |
        |                  |
        +------------------+

Hope this helps.

> >  - paper-width (fixed mm)
> >  - paper-height (fixed mm)
>
> ...as a well-known (no a required)

AFAIK, only one well known option is required : option count. :). I only
talk about well-known option.

> > or
> >  - adf-alignement (string) {centered, start, end}
> >  - adf-offset (fixed mm)
> >  - adf-side (string) {top,bottom,left,right}
>
> "top,bottom,left,right" need to be clarified: The Postscript file of
> the Sane1 standard http://www.sane-project.org/sane.ps has on page
> 11 a figure "transfer order of image data bytes". "ADF side top"
> means that the ADF is positioned so that the paper is moved from
> top/right/left/bottom, relative to the orientation of the output data.

Lets drop those options (keep then internal to firmware or backend.

Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !