[sane-standard] More device properties

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:34:20 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > ok, another attempt: How does an image file look like that is made
> > from an A4 page using scanimage (no "fancy" frontend!) and this
> > scanner that moves the paper from left to right, i.e., parallel to
> > the short edge of the paper? Is the image in landscape or portrait
> > format? See also my comment on the words top/bottom/left/right below.
>
> The file is portrait.
>
> Here is an ascii sketche that explain the result. The arrow symoblise
> the sense of paper introduction.
>
>         +------------------+
>         |Scan area         |
>         |        +---------+
>         |        |  paper  |
>         |        |         |
>         |        |         |
>         |        |  <===   |
>         |        |         |
>         |        |         |
>         |        |         |
>         |        +---------+
>         |                  |
>         |                  |
>         +------------------+
>
> Hope this helps.

well, it is possible with some larger adf A3 scanners that you can set
the paper guides narrow, and scan a piece of A4 in portrait mode, or
you can set the guides wide, and scan the same paper in landscape
mode.

in one case the paper is 210 × 297, in the other it is  297 x 210.

here is an odd question- are there any scanners with adf feed
right-to-left, but read head from top to bottom?

allan

ps- sorry if i mail you multiple times directly and thru list. i am
still learning the gmail interface...