[sane-standard] More device properties

abel deuring adeuring at gmx.net
Mon Jan 22 01:21:53 CET 2007

Étienne Bersac wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> do you have cvs commit perms?
>
> No. I'm primarily a Gnome developer :).
>
>>  we could
>> theoretically just keep track in cvs, and there is a web interface for
>> others to look at...
>
> That make sense. a doc/well-known-options.tex document would do the
> trick. The idea is to provide a document similar to the "Well-known
> option" part in SANE documentation. Would be nice to have admin point of
> view.
>
>>> This is right also for the button handling discussion we had, which is
>>> more about SANE 2 than just Well-know option.

It might even make sense to have a "central registry" file that
lists all options provided by the backends of the sane-backends
package. This would give frontend authors a better idea of all the
fancy options that one or the other backend provides.

Using Tex would be a bit overshoot for such a file -- a simple text
file should be enough.

Abel