[sane-standard] More device properties

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Mon Jan 22 01:35:57 CET 2007

Hi,

> It might even make sense to have a "central registry" file that
> lists all options provided by the backends of the sane-backends
> package. This would give frontend authors a better idea of all the
> fancy options that one or the other backend provides.

Hmm. That's right. This will avoid frontend developers to grep sane
source tree :). However, this is a workaround to fix the real problem :
backends variations. I talk about any common feature shared by at least
two backends. currently, backends implements the same features in
different way (see buttons, duplex, …). This make life of frontend dev
and user harder for no advantage. Of course, a backend dev which
implement a new feature is free to implement the way he wants. And a
"central registry" would help seeing new options.

I may write a script that parse CVS tree and list availables options and
backend implementing it.

> Using Tex would be a bit overshoot for such a file -- a simple text
> file should be enough.

Maybe. What is used to generate SANE standard document HTML and PS ?

Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !