[Secure-testing-team] changelog CAN autochecker

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Mar 16 11:03:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:22:58AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> I noticed this: http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/ubuntu-cve.html
>
> It's generated from the changelogs of packages in ubuntu. The script is
> linked at the bottom. I wonder if someone who knows python would be able
> to adapt that to scan the debian changelogs and either generate a
> similar page or better, add notes to CAN/list?

I have contacted Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>, the author of the
script and asked him whether it's freely available (as it contained no
license header). He was kind enough to release it under the terms of the
GPL (a notice has been added to the script itself in a comment).

He also gave me some more descriptions about how to customize it for
Debian (in German), but he'll probably add those notes to a README or
something, later...

Anyone with some Python knowledge can now give it a try on a Debian
Mirror (it must run on a mirror it seems). If noone else steps forward
_and_ I have some spare time in the next few weeks (very unlikely),
I might try to adapt the script...

HTH, Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>