[Secure-testing-team] DTSA announcements

Stefan Fritsch sf at sfritsch.de
Mon Sep 3 18:16:04 UTC 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Sun, September 2, 2007 21:35, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > Its my understanding that this script's output is to help change
> > that metric, fill that gap and make it clearer the work that is
> > being done by everyone here!
>
> Yes, that is an important feature of the script. But I suspect that
> if the mails are there, admins are going to use it too, whether
> that was our intention or not. Better keep it clear for them
> aswell, that doesn't hurt the original motivation and may serve
> them better.

Yes, I agree with you here. We should inform the admin that he might
need to uninstall a package, but with a warning about the corner
cases.

On making the team more visible: Maybe it would be nice if our NMU
strike force (mostly white+nion, I guess) could maintain a list what
packages they NMU for security reasons. We might want to mention the
number in the next "bits from testing security team" mail.

Cheers,
Stefan