[Secure-testing-team] Security update for Debian Testing - 2008-12-06

Gerfried Fuchs rhonda at deb.at
Sat Dec 6 10:13:41 UTC 2008

	Hi!

* Johannes Wiedersich <jowied at googlemail.com> [2008-12-06 10:03:04 CET]:
> I was wondering, why I don't receive any testing security updates any more.
>
> # grep -v ^# /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
>
> # apt-cache policy cups
> cups:
>   Installed: 1.3.8-1lenny2
>   Candidate: 1.3.8-1lenny2
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.3.8-1lenny2 0
>         500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org lenny/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> It turns out that ftp2.de.debian.org is not up to date any more.

 That's not directly related to security work, though given that lenny
fixes are announced through migration from unstable to testing I totally
understand why you get that impression. :)

 I added the site admin to the addressee and hope Florian can look into
the issue and get his server back in sync. Flo, do you know what's your
sync problem? http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/project/trace/ states
that you have last synced three days ago, problem with the trigger
possibly? Can you take a look?

> I added ftp.de.debian.org to apt's sources and now have 35 upgradable
> packages that have been missed by ftp2.de.d.o.

 Something like that is a good approach as temporary workaround.

> Where should I report the problem with ftp2.de.debian.org?

 The best suited list would be debian-mirrors at lists.debian.org because
it's a problem in the mirror network.

> Is there a recommended way of checking one's sources.list for outdated
> servers?

 Not really sure about that. Most services do though have these trace
files in which you could check the time of the last update they did.

 Thanks for your notice, hopefully it can get fixed soonish.
Rhonda