[Secure-testing-team] Security update for Debian Testing - 2008-12-06

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Sat Dec 6 16:29:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:13:41AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Johannes Wiedersich <jowied at googlemail.com> [2008-12-06 10:03:04 CET]:
> > I was wondering, why I don't receive any testing security updates any more.
> >
> > # grep -v ^# /etc/apt/sources.list
> > deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
> > deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
> >
> > # apt-cache policy cups
> > cups:
> >   Installed: 1.3.8-1lenny2
> >   Candidate: 1.3.8-1lenny2
> >   Version table:
> >  *** 1.3.8-1lenny2 0
> >         500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org lenny/main Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> > It turns out that ftp2.de.debian.org is not up to date any more.
>
>  That's not directly related to security work, though given that lenny
> fixes are announced through migration from unstable to testing I totally
> understand why you get that impression. :)
>
>  I added the site admin to the addressee and hope Florian can look into
> the issue and get his server back in sync. Flo, do you know what's your
> sync problem? http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/project/trace/ states
> that you have last synced three days ago, problem with the trigger
> possibly? Can you take a look?

I am looking right now and its syncing right now - you are right that
the trace stamp seems not to be up to date ... - cant explain right
now. From looking at the live rsync output i could imaginge that
somethings wrong with the bandwidth between me and my upstream as its
really slow ... My first guess is that something went awry with the ipv6
connectivity which i typically sync at ...

Gave rsync a -4 for now which seems to speed up the process
significantly ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little