[DSE-User] init running as kernel_t problem

Yab Boos trolldein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 21:05:05 UTC 2008

Russell Coker wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2008 08:01, Erich Schubert <erich at debian.org> wrote:
>
>> 2. Does your filesystem support xattr labels?
>> (ext2/3 does, I don't know which of the others do, you'll need to look
>> it up. There were reiserfs issues at some point, but I figure that
>> probably was resolved in the meantime. I guess xfs is okay, too. But I
>> do not KNOW, so you'll really have to look it up / test it.
>>

> XFS worked last time I tested it.  I've got a server running with XFS (but I
> haven't upgraded it's kernel for a while).
>
> ReiserFS didn't work last time I tested it.

The filesystem is ext3.
> The first thing to do is to run "ls -lZ /sbin/init".  Then we'll have a better
> idea of what went wrong.

system_u:object_r:init_exec_t:s0
That's after I ran fixfiles manually. I didn't encounter the error after
fixfiles relabel /.
However still if I create /.autorelabel, after the reboot the file is
gone but the time it takes to boot doesn't differ from the regular
boot-up. Running fixfiles manually does take significant time to
complete, so apparently it just doesn't relabel anything on boot-up for
some reasons..

policycoreutils ver is 2.0.27-1