[DSE-User] init running as kernel_t problem

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Wed Feb 13 23:25:32 UTC 2008

Hi,
> However still if I create /.autorelabel, after the reboot the file is
> gone but the time it takes to boot doesn't differ from the regular

Seems as if the relabel part of the selinux-basics script doesn't work
right. Try removing the >/dev/null part from

/sbin/fixfiles -f -F relabel > /dev/null || true

and check the output during bootup.
Also try running fixfiles with these flags, maybe the fixfiles command
line syntax has changed, and selinux-basics needs updating. Or maybe it
was moved to /usr/sbin/fixfiles or something (I don't have a SELinux
system I could test it on)

P.S. to all the DDs on this list:
selinux-basics is basically orphaned right now. Any takers?
IMHO it's still somewhat useful as meta-package and because of the
autorelabel thing, but if that doesn't work anymore, I might also file
for removal. And my idea of an interesting job doesn't include system
administration right now, I'm definitely leaning towards the development
side. But I don't know what the future will bring for me.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
     erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
 A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know. //\