[Shootout-list] Timing resolution? libbsd-resource-perl

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 08:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

> > Maybe we should increase N to get the fastest Shootout tests back
> > into 0.1s 1s range.
>
> Increasing N would be very nice, however it has two effects -
> tests take more time to run and the relative order of the entries
> changes, which is even more important.

There's nothing sacrosanct about the current relative order of the
entries - the current size of N is arbitrary.
(Perhaps for some languages it would be better to have one fixed size
loop, and one nested loop limited by N.)

Is it possible to increase the timing resolution on the test machine
using libbsd-resource-perl?