[Shootout-list] Latest Updates

Brent Fulgham bfulgham@debian.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:16:21 -0700

Here are the latest updates to the shootout:

1.  Ada:
     * James Rogers provided several new (faster) and simpler
implementations of Ada tests (Ackermann,
             reversefile, ary, lists, sumcol, and matrix multiplication.

2.  C++:
     * Brent Fulgham updated the lists.g++ implementation to use deque
(much, much faster).
     * Thomas Hyer provided some other improvements to the lists
implementation.

3.  C#:
     * Many of the C# implementations have been re-admitted to the
test, based on new timings.

4.  Eiffel:
     * Brent Fulgham provided an implementation of wordfreq.
     * Frank Salter provided an improved implementation of Sieve.

4.  Erlang
      * Bengt Kleberg provided new (fast!) implementations for
statistical moments, sumcol, spellcheck, and wordfreq.
      * Bengt also provided a faster reversefile, which I've switched
to.  (No offense to Mark!)

5.  Java
      * Yonik Seeley identified some Java inefficiencies that slowed
down the Java 'random' test.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.  Sorry if I missed anyone!

New scores will be posted by tomorrow.

-Brent