[Shootout-list] Latest Updates

Brent A. Fulgham bfulgham@debian.org
Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:14:11 -0700

The Clean team has been busy:
* John van Groningen tweaked most existing implementations and
implementing two new ones (hash2 and wordfreq).
* Diederik van Arkel implemented regular expression matching.

SBCL and CMUCL have been updated:
* Juho Snellman provided a raft of updates to help SBCL (and
consequently, CMUCL) out.
* Markus Ziegler provide a few SBCL updates.

General:
* I fixed a problem causing Psyco (Python native compiler) pages to not
show up.
* I updated a few Makefile problems causing some programs to fail.
* I revised most of the programs in the Wordfreq test, since everyone was
using tab's, violating the original Bash 'tr' implementation output,
making it hard to reliably generate a "known good" test result.
* Added GProlog and Ciao Prolog to the shootout.

I'm probably not going to add too many more languages, since it's
already taking hours to run the tests.  I do want to include Smalltalk
and A+ (an array language), and possible the GNU R language (a
scientific matlab-like language).

Of course, the real answer would be a dedicated server.  Someone with a
machine that could be used to run these tests on a regular schedule
would be a real godsend! :-)

Thanks,

-Brent