[Shootout-list] Latest Updates

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Brent A. Fulgham" <bfulgham@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm probably not going to add too many more languages, since it's
> already taking hours to run the tests.

Could the test approach be changed the reduce the runtime?

Is every microbenchmark re-tested everytime?
Is every Ackermann implementation re-tested everytime when there have
been no changes to any of the Ackermann source code or language
implementation?

Is every Ackermann implementation re-tested when only one Ackermann
implementation has been changed? (If we re-test 5 Ackermann
implementations one-day and 5 different implementations the next day,
do we get the same relative performance that we would have if we tested
10 one-after-another?)

Smarter algorithm rather than faster machine ;-)