[Shootout-list] Updates for Haskell benchmarks.

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- JP Bernardy <jyp_7@yahoo.com> wrote:
-snip-

> If at all possible, this requires resorting to ugly
> code. Therefore, I suggest to change the benchamrk
> specifications so that the "number of times to perform
> the action" is reflected in one way or another in the
> output.

Tests like Sieve are "same way" (which begs the question "same as
what?" - in the original presumably the same as C).

"Since the purpose of the same way tests is to try to compare, side by
side, the same kind of operation in one language as in another, they
often use code that is naive and unidiomatic by design."

My ignorance of Haskell is profound, but shouldn't a Haskell
implementation of Sieve use Haskell arrays?

http://www.zvon.org/other/haskell/Outputarray/array_f.html