[Shootout-list] process creation & message passing chain

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 07:43:33 -0800 (PST)

-snip-
> if we worry, an alternative would be to let each process prove its
> existence by creating the next process. thus no message passing would
> be needed.

If we worried then we would be taking timings in the program code,
directly before and after the code sections we wanted to measure ;-)

-snip-
> how about a 3;rd argument (T?). it could be used to loop over the
> test ''body'' T times, so that the total time for a test would be
> (time-for-1-test)*T. T would have to be trial-and-errored until the
> shootout machine/os gives us a measurable time.

We've been here before :-(
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/shootout-list/2004-October/000651.html

-snip-
> surely it would be better to use a graph? the shootout have graphs,
> but they are underutilised at present.

They are illegible at present, because of the amount of data crushed
into them, and other choices.