[Shootout-list] Re: ring of processes

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:31:37 +0100

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> If it was a severe deficiencey you would have noticed it for yourself
> by now :-)

unfortunatly the deficiency with the shootout has been hidden by the
fact that all the criticism has been directed towards my test design
(for procinst and ringmsg).
if somebody had mentioned that it was not the test design that was the
problem, but how the shootout handled the variable n, i would probably
have noticed the deficiency a little faster.

now, the questions i asked where these:

why is only the largest n used?
why can this not be changed?

without answers i fail to see how the shootout can be made better in
this respect. my conclusion is that the shootout is considered good
enough as it is (by everybody but me).
correct?

bengt