[Shootout-list] process creation & message passing chain

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:52:42 -0800 (PST)

> > If we worried then we would be taking timings in the program code,
> > directly before and after the code sections we wanted to measure
>
> this has been discussed and rejected before.
-snip-
Let me rephrase - someone who really wants to know how long it takes to
create new processes and threads will do their own benchmarking.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/shootout-list/2004-October/000651.html

> there is nothing in the mail you refer to that discuss a tunable test
> time. perhaps you meant another mail?

And maybe I meant that posting
"(1 parameter, n: how many create cycles)
scale by increasing number of create cycles."