[Shootout-list] Re: New website look

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:46:36 -0800 (PST)

> Okay, I will speak my mind. *diplomacy off*  :-)
I forgot that wise advice - Be careful what you ask for, you might get
it ;-)

> The front page is one of the blandest home pages I've seen in a long
> time.
> Actually it reminds me of one of those domain-name-squatter sites.
> How about some minimal graphics and design work to spice it up?  I
> don't like the fonts being used and the general aesthetics.

How about some minimal thought on what kind of graphic might have some
relevance? (Are you offering the services of a graphic artist?)

Do you think the fonts are different than the fonts used before?
Which fonts? Ordinary text or source code?

> Also what happened to the links to the mailing list, news, etc.?
Seek and you shall find! (well, you won't find the empty news page)

> The ackermann benchmark | C++ g++ rankings | Side-by-side
> navigation doesn't make any sense to me.
What do you mean it doesn't make any sense to you?
- do you mean that you don't know what pages the links will lead to?
- do you mean that you don't think those links should be there?
- do you mean those links should be somewhere else on the page?

> I don't like the 1 1/2 inches of blank space on the left margin of
> the pages.
That must be a nice display - I can't get the left margin above 1 1/4"
with the window at full screen. Perhaps you could just make the window
smaller?

> The graphs should have gridlines and scales.
Which graphs?

> I don't like the gray background of the graphs
It's the same gray as the previous version of the website - no change.

> nor the choice of plotting colors.
black/white or orange/red/yellow/white?

> I'm using Mozilla on Windows.
The font size is too small when I use Firefox on Windows