[Shootout-list] Re: New website look

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:58:41 -0800 (PST)

> > The front page is one of the blandest home pages I've seen in a
> > long time.
> > Actually it reminds me of one of those domain-name-squatter sites.
> > How about some minimal graphics and design work to spice it up?  I
> > don't like the fonts being used and the general aesthetics.
>
> How about some minimal thought on what kind of graphic might have
> some relevance? (Are you offering the services of a graphic artist?)

For example
- graphics to go with 'No program' 'Error' 'Timeout' rows
- stylized "The Great Computer Language Shootout" (at minimum, like
www.artima.com or www.gentoo.org or...) for the banner

The new website is a plain canvas.
It has a simpler structure, way-less accumulated stuff, and the fonts
and colors from the old website.

There are plenty of opportunities for adding sparkle.
Contribute gifs and pngs, and css and ...