[Shootout-list] Re: New website look

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
11 Nov 2004 03:42:45 +1100

Isaac Gouy  igouy2@yahoo.com wrote:

"There are plenty of opportunities for adding sparkle."

Hey, this is a new design. Its a good thing for a new
design to be bland IMHO: I believe I agree entirely
with Isaac here.

What I do like is the simpler structure,
and enhanced functionality. I did find it a bit
harder to navigate, but that's a completely biased
and unfair comparison .. after hours of viewing
the old site and 5 minutes on the new one.

My comment at this stage would be:

I liked the tabs on the old web site.

The thing most people want to see I think is the Scorecard.
On my box, that's a tiny part of the front page,
and, worse, its way off the bottom of a maxed out window,
(and I use very small fonts on a hires 17" monitor).

There's actually a Website designers term for the
part of a Web page people see first, the top 2/3
of the visible Window I think -- I don't know
what the term is, but the 'important part',
the scorecard, is in the worst place it could be.

I can sort by speed (2 ways) and memory use but not LOC?

Syntax colouring for Felix -- there is a highlight file in
the misc directory.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia