[Shootout-list] log is very nice!

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:43:19 -0800 (PST)

> I think this *is* the right approach, but I'm worried
> that new site visitors get the impression that this
> site is only about Chickens.  It's only if they bother
> to read the FAQ that they see there is also a
> "Chickens + Eggs" site.

Are there any new site visitors?

Are there any new site visitors that didn't hear about shootout on a
non-mainstream language mailing list?

Are there any mainstream language users who do more than notice that
the  lousy performance of Kaffe is considered more interesting than the
performance of Sun Java or IBM Java?

How much curiousity about obscure languages should we really expect
from someone without the curiousity to read a FAQ?

It's pointless to "worry" about what someone passing through a website
will or will not click on - to a poor approximation access logs will
show what they did click on.

> What if we had a label on the "Great" site that would
> (dynamically) indicate:

What if ...
What if we are worrying about a problem that doesn't exist?