[Shootout-list] log is very nice!

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:25:15 -0800 (PST)

--- Isaac Gouy wrote:

> > > On the language file I sent to Brent, Felix was
> > > also on the "Greater Computer Language Shootout"

> > > page. Given it's large user-base...
> >
> > Chicken and egg.
>
> A place for chickens, and a place for eggs.

I think this *is* the right approach, but I'm worried
that new site visitors get the impression that this
site is only about Chickens.  It's only if they bother
to read the FAQ that they see there is also a
"Chickens + Eggs" site.

If we have more 'edgy' languages that have implemented
all the tests, how can we peaque the visitor's
curiosity so that they go to see the "Egg" page?

What if we had a label on the "Great" site that would
(dynamically) indicate:

"There are 14 less-known languages that perform as
well or better than the median tests shown for this
site" or something similar?  If you click the message
it would transport you to the "Greater" site.

-Brent