[Shootout-list] log is very nice!

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
11 Nov 2004 13:59:58 +1100

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 12:25, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> > > Chicken and egg.
> >
> > A place for chickens, and a place for eggs.
>
> I think this *is* the right approach, but I'm worried
> that new site visitors get the impression that this
> site is only about Chickens.

One of things that appeals to me about the Shootout
is that it allows a language to compete on *quality*
and not popularity. It also allows clients to
define, to some extent, what qualities they're
interested in.

I'm not really talking about CRAPs here either:
a less obvious way this occurs is that
people can actually examine the test code.
Is it clean? Does it do a simple job simply?
Could they learn it easily? Does it provide
a feature set they're looking for but can't
seem to find in another language?

Hmm .. how about a ranking based on completed tests?

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia