[Shootout-list] Idea for graph

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:16:31 -0800 (PST)

> > Explaining why something in-your-opinion is fairly useless is
> > helpful - otoh bland assertions are fairly useless.
>
> It isn't a matter of explanation but impressions.
> This isn't about logic, its about whether the graph
> grabs me, and whether it conveys information.
> I don't find that particular graph very useful.

Seem to be saying it's a matter of impressions/appeal.
Also seem to be saying it's a matter of usefulness and conveying
information.

What required purpose is the graph not useful for?
What required information does it not convey?

(Impressions and appeal are extremely personal; purpose and information
are more widely shared.)