[Shootout-list] Idea for graph

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
23 Nov 2004 14:44:16 +1100

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 12:16, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > > Explaining why something in-your-opinion is fairly useless is
> > > helpful - otoh bland assertions are fairly useless.
> >
> > It isn't a matter of explanation but impressions.
> > This isn't about logic, its about whether the graph
> > grabs me, and whether it conveys information.
> > I don't find that particular graph very useful.
>
> Seem to be saying it's a matter of impressions/appeal.

Yes, I'm just reporting how I feel about it.

Hmmm. Why is there a Greater and Core shootout?
Why not just THE Shootout, and provide checkbox
on the language list to select the language for
comparison or not? You could also have several 'preset'
combinations eg 'Core', 'Scripting', 'Compiled',
'Functional', 'OO vs Functional' etc.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia