[Shootout-list] Idea for graph

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:23:28 -0800 (PST)

> > > It isn't a matter of explanation but impressions.
> > > This isn't about logic, its about whether the graph
> > > grabs me, and whether it conveys information.
> > > I don't find that particular graph very useful.
> >
> > Seem to be saying it's a matter of impressions/appeal.
>
> Yes, I'm just reporting how I feel about it.

Then please keep comments about how you feel separate, from suggestions
that there's something wrong with how the graph conveys information or
how useful the graph is.

> Hmmm. Why is there a Greater and Core shootout?
Why do you think so?

> Why not just THE Shootout, and provide checkbox
> on the language list to select the language for
> comparison or not? You could also have several 'preset'
> combinations eg 'Core', 'Scripting', 'Compiled',
> 'Functional', 'OO vs Functional' etc.

We could have many things.

These are like the comments you made about the graph - you've thought
of different ways to organize the information, and suggesting your
alternatives.
You haven't stated what problem you think there is with the current
organization, that these alternatives would fix.