[Shootout-list] Idea for graph

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:37:38 -0800 (PST)

> > > Yes, I'm just reporting how I feel about it.
> > Then please keep comments about how you feel separate, from
> > suggestions that there's something wrong with how the graph conveys
> > information or how useful the graph is.
>
> But its the same thing.

No - it really isn't the same thing.

> I would not say there is something 'wrong' with the big
> graph.

Actually, that is what you are saying - when you say somethings not
useful, or doesn't convey information.

If you mean you don't like it - you like your own idea better - that's
fine.

-snip-
> > > Hmmm. Why is there a Greater and Core shootout?
> > Why do you think so?
>
> It was a rhetorical question .. paired with the following
> suggestion:

Maybe we'd get more done if there we're fewer rhetorical questions.

-snip-
> Some people might want only to compare 3 languages and others 20.

Indeed - so rather than trying to satisfy the whims of a multitude, we
provide data. Download, analyze, and chart, as desired.