[Shootout-list] Idea for graph

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
24 Nov 2004 12:29:50 +1100

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 05:37, Isaac Gouy wrote:

> -snip-
> > Some people might want only to compare 3 languages and others 20.
>
> Indeed - so rather than trying to satisfy the whims of a multitude, we
> provide data. Download, analyze, and chart, as desired.

That is good but it isn't an argument for not making
the Shootout more useful by using a technique that
allows the set of languages to be selected by the user
on the web site in a more flexible way..
without having to do their own analysis.

What I suggested allows this, and makes the page simpler
by removing the need for the drop boxes. But I can't
give a definitive opinion on how I will feel about it
without having it to play with (and I can't implement
it myself).

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia