[Shootout-list] Revised Shootout -- N Increased!

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:35:23 +0200

Brent Fulgham wrote:
...deleted

> Although some languages still come in quite fast, enough "slow"
> languages are
> around that it took over 16 hours to rerun everything...

i have conducted a poll on this list (or rather just asked a question
:-), and the result is:

nobody is opposed to removing the Hash (Associative Array) Access test.
and i am very much in favour of removing it.

upon removal (asap) i suggest keeping an entry in the faq or similar,
stating that ''This test makes use of sprintf(), which is very expensive
and pretty much swamps the hash table processing. So I find this test
pretty meaningless.'', but in a past tense.

not that one test less will make the 16 hours go down to 8, but every
little help...

bengt