[Shootout-list] Safety vs. speed

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:51:07 +0200

Einar Karttunen wrote:
...deleted
> Having a static number of processes would tempt people
> to use solutions with static arrays which is not what
> the test wants. Having sufficiently many messages/process
> creation should be fine.

you are correct. i do not have arrays at my disposal and never
considered the possiblity. in your opinion, how do we deceide what would
be ''sufficiently many messages/process''?

however, even given a changing number of processes, what would stop the
implementor from allocating a sufficiently large piece of memory and use
it as an array? (i spent 15 years doing c, and i can still remember
something about it. if i have to :-).

bengt