[Shootout-list] Haskell ring of messages - fair?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:50:55 +0200

Einar Karttunen wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is the attached solution fair?
> It uses mvars (a kind of synchronized variables)
> to pass the messages and clears the test in

could mvars be used to receive more than one message at the same time?

in case somebody is wondering the model for message passing i am trying
to test is the sys5 ipc message queues.

the idea is that it should be possible for each process to receive more
than one message at the same time. this is not explicit in the test and
i think we should change/update the test. i tried several designs for
the plugin test, and i think each new one was better. this is still the
first message passing test.
would it be ok if i changed the test or is the installed base too big? :-)

bengt