[Shootout-list] Windows

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:36:56 -0700

On 2004-09-23 13:54:51 -0700 Brandon J. Van Every
<vanevery@indiegamedesign.com> wrote:

> Isaac Gouy wrote:
>>
>> First we need someone with Wintel and/or Mac machines willing to
>> install all the development tools and burn 25 hours cpu running the
>> tests(with regular re-runs).

Note that it's only 25 hours on my relatively low-powered machine the
first time you
execute all tests.  After that, you really are only running tests that
either previously
failed, tests where the compiler/interpreter has been updated, or
tests that have
been changed -- a much smaller time slice!

> I'll see what I can cook up.  The tests need a smaller grain of batch
> time though.  Running overnight is reasonable, running continuously
> tying up a machine is not.  Is there anything stopping one from
> running
> the tests in, say, automated 5 hour chunks?

You need to run each "test" to completion (e.g., you need to run all
the sumcol tests, or else
the totals are not updated.  You could run some of the "sumcol" tests,
then run the rest
later, but the total scores would not be updated until all the tests
completed.

-Brent