[Shootout-list] Weekly Update

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:54:15 +0200

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> We quietly dropped the requirement that producer-consumer use kernel
> threads - doesn't that test cover context-switching?

i really think that there is a substantial difference in having 2
processes context switch over a single synchronised variable, vs several
thuosand prcesses doing message passing. i really, honestly, think the
latter is fundamentally different. different enough to warrant a new test.
i have expanded upon the original ring to emphasise the message passing
aspect, which is what i want to test/bench mark. mr fulgham should
hopefully receive the new version rsn.

bengt