[Shootout-list] advocacy or curiousity?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery@indiegamedesign.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:55:00 -0700

Isaac Gouy wrote:

> Once more: advocacy or curiousity?

You left out 'Free Market Competition' and 'Technological Progress'.
These terms more accurately reflect my views.  I'm interested in using
better programming tools, and in defining the metrics of 'betterness'.

> --- "Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:
> > I'm not in this 'for fun', I'm in this to promote some languages
> > at the expense of other languages.
> > Now I will candidly reveal my biases.  I want C++, Java, and C# to
> > die. I think they suck, and I want industry to move on.
>
> --- "Brent Fulgham" wrote:
> > I guess I view the Shootout as an impartial experiment
> > that attempts to advance the state of the art, and to
> > help provide a framework for language comparison.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"We live in a world of very bright people building
crappy software with total shit for tools and process."
                                - Ed McKenzie