[Shootout-list] bench mark test run time, max bad score

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery@indiegamedesign.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:50:38 -0700

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> ...deleted
> > That will play havoc with historical archives.  Computers
> are going to
> > get faster.  In 2008 some machine is going to be blowing
> the doors off
> > of some test.  Are you just going to renormalize everything
> and make it
> > difficult to compare with the results from 2004?  This is a subtle
> ...deleted
>
> why would we be interested in historical archives?

Because I don't trust you, me, or anyone else to stay on the ball with
this project for years and years and years.  When's the last time the
original Shootout was updated?  I'd like to be able to relate the
results of yesterday to the results of today.

> the shootout will
> always be comparing the languages relative to each other. why
> would an no longer supported language be of interest?

Who said g++ is no longer supported?  Yet it has changed over the years.

> or have i missed something?

I believe so.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur