[Shootout-list] X per second scoring system, resume

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery@indiegamedesign.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:14:31 -0700

Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> another way to get X-per-timeunit is to re-write all our test
> to include
> timers. it will also mean accepting that the timers might (depending
> upon implementation) disturb the test result more or less. also, some
> test (eg reverse) are very difficult to do like this.

Part of my point is *all* tests should be run for 60 seconds, to
eliminate inaccuracies of OS process startup / shutdown / slicing.

> as can be seen from my argumentation :-) i am strongly in
> favour of the first way. what do others think?

Have you considered this issue of timing accuracy?

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur