[Shootout-list] Re: New test in CVS: implicitode

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:35:39 +0200

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> Bengt, who does not have the time to do this alone, we don't have time
> to do the interesting things that people keep suggesting.
>
> See the top of the FAQ
> "The Computer Language Shootout has a very narrow focus."
>
> When you're interested in helping with what we actually are trying to
> do you'll be very welcome.

there was a posting recently like this:

[Shootout-list] Java benchmarks

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
 > Maybe we need to use a bimodal data range - 3 high workload (for C and
 > Ada) and 3 low workload (for Ruby and Tcl).

i thought that this indicated a willingness to change the very narrow
focus to a slightly wider focus. i could be mistaken.

in this case a switch from a single data range to a bimodal data range
would be a mistake. the amount of work would be as large as switching to
a full data range, and the result much more limited.

bengt