[Shootout-list] Keeping slower benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

> > What "problem" do you think is caused by these multiple java
> > implementations for people who look at the website?

> Let me turn this question around on you. If I submit
> a slower version of Language "X"'s benchmarks, will you
> post them to the website? If not, why not?

So people looking at the website aren't going to have a problem when
they see multiple java implementations?

What problem do you have when you see multiple java implementations
(apart from the concern with "rules")?

You quoted selectively from the Committers FAQ and omitted:

"If the slower program is particularly interesting or elegant, then
maybe we'll keep showing it - ***use your judgement***."

I'd use my judgement.