[Shootout-list] Keeping slower benchmarks

James McIlree ovrskeek@mac.com
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:36:01 -0700

Isaac,

> (apart from the concern with "rules")?

	The "rules" are what differentiates a valid benchmark
from marketing propaganda.

	You have clearly been with the GCLSB a long time, and
equally as clearly participated in making the rules. Those FAQs
have been updated since I've joined, and you have the power
to change them. I don't.

	I am doing no more than asking you to follow your own
rules. If you are willing to let your own personal anger or
agenda set the "new" rules, which will vary from committer
to committer, and language to language, well, that makes
the GCLSB a whole different ball of wax.

	I'll play by whatever set of rules you document, but I
do expect you to stick by them, or at least document their
changes!

	James M