[Shootout-list] Re: Ruby, Python, Gforth heapsort benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:13:19 -0700 (PDT)

> Since I have only dialup service, it was more efficient for me to
> send one file with three programs than three separate files.

I also only have slow (26.4Kbps) dialup service.

> It is trivial to produce the separate files from the one I sent.
> 1)Open file in favorite text editor.
> 2)For language version desired, delete code for other two.
> 3)Use 'save as' feature to name/save file, e.g. heapsort.rb for Ruby.

Many people contribute programs to Shootout.

Only three or four people do the work to make those programs appear on
Shootout.

We don't need *any* extra make-work (however trivial) that can be
avoided - follow the FAQ instructions.