[Shootout-list] Keeping slower benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:51:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jacob Lee <artdent@freeshell.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 17:56 -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > So people looking at the website aren't going to have a problem
> > when they see multiple java implementations?
> >
> > What problem do you have when you see multiple java implementations
> > (apart from the concern with "rules")?
>
> The disadvantage to having multiple implementations is in hurting the
> language in the overall rankings. I grant that the overall rankings
> are not meant to be very significant; that being said, the fastest
> implementation should be the one that goes into the overall ranking.

What makes you think that the fastest implementation isn't the one that
goes into the scorecard?

What makes you think that the fastest implementation isn't the one that
goes into the ranking page?

Check the Java threads-flow 'Full CPU Time'
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=java&sort=fullcpu#rank

Now count it down from the top
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=message&lang=all&sort=fullcpu#bench

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php?sort=fullcpu#id