[Shootout-list] Stuff

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

> These kinds of things are so difficult to implement in most other
> languages that programs are either at worst intractable (Fortran)
> or at best error-prone (C++).

Doesn't that make "these kinds of things" an unlikely choice for any
vaguely apples-to-apples performance comparison?

Maybe we should have a separate website with programs that are intended
to be difficult to implement in other languages.

> 2. Empty program: It sounds silly, but wouldn't the minimal program
> in each language be an interesting thing for newbies to look at?

Would that look so much different from
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/great/benchmark.php?test=hello&lang=all&sort=fullcpu#bench