[Shootout-list] Stuff

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

-snip-
> Such non-trivial problems don't belong in the Shootout, as far as I'm
> concerned. Personally, I'd like to see a test that deals with the
> speed and ease of handling various Unicode encodings. As it turns
> out, the majority of languages can't handle such a test (without
> external libraries) and, as such, it's unlikely such a test will be
> added to the Shootout.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

>From the comp.lang.tcl
"And it would be fascinating to add additional tests that play to Tcl's
strengths (e.g. converting a 1MB file from UNICODE to one of those ISO
2022 encodings.)"

Asking the author to come-up with something a little more specific
resulted in ... nothing. Difficult to accept or reject.