[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sebastien Loisel <sloisel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The fact that it is nearly 100 lines of Haskell code
> > makes me think it will explode to 200 or more lines of
> > C#/Java.
>
> The 64 loc one might work. Let's give it a chance, we'll see how Jon
> can write it in them less expressive languages. Although I hope that
> and Fortran or whatever are considered also less expressive, like C#
> and Java, because I prefer writing in C or Fortran.

WAG Java and C# will fall somewhere in the middle on LOC

One of the more childish pleasures of looking at the same problem in
different languages is that some languages have long thin programs, and
other languages have short wide programs. Did we just push-down on the
program and the code spilled out sideways :-)

80 char card-readers have a lot to answer.