[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sebastien Loisel <sloisel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The fact that it is nearly 100 lines of Haskell
> > code makes me think it will explode to 200 or
> > more lines of C#/Java.
>
> The 64 loc one might work. Let's give it a chance,
> we'll see how Jon can write it in them less
> expressive languages.

Yes -- I agree.  And let's not spend our lives
worrying
about 100 lines.  Maybe 120 lines is a better number,
or perhaps 100 lines +/- some eta.

Or should I just wave my shootout wand and say "it
is fine as is?"  So -- "IT IS FINE AS IS."

The only question I have is, should this replace
something, or is it unique and necessary in its own
right?  And why?

The answer will be used in the 'about' write-up.

-Brent