[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:25:42 +0200

Jon Harrop wrote:
 > On Thursday 28 April 2005 20:41, Brent Fulgham wrote:
 >
 >>...Maybe 120 lines is a better number...

...deleted
 > Given that this can be done in <100 lines of C++, I'd imagine it can
also be
 > done in Java and C#. For one thing, a few lines are dedicated to memory

which shows us that a ''x lines of code'' rule should be more flexible
than ''c#/java''. it should be ''c#/java or more verbose''. we have many
examples (benchmarks) that show which languages that are more verbose
than c#/java.

simplest selection rule would be ''atleast once more verbose''. or
''always more verbose''
one could start waving % around, too.

bengt