[Shootout-list] What people say about shootout

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
01 May 2005 03:25:01 +1000

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 00:54, Dave wrote:

> IMHO, the categories idea is a good one to the extent that it allows people
> to "drill into" the results further, but I think a really valuable part of
> the Shootout for new visitors is to be able to take a snapshot look at the
> results presented as they are now (more or less in toto) and drill down from
> there.

Categories would improve that further I think:

             Performance Index
Numerical:      96
Text:           99
Recursion:      86

seems more useful to me than:

Takfp:       77
Ackermann:   99

but I have to say I can't be sure without being able to
actually try it.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia